Elsewhere: Some offline friends online at Blogspot

Inside a Random Mind offers up observations on the passing scene of life and culture. Melissa introduced our youth group to the Lifehouse Everything Skit. Excerpt of her reflections on that skit:

But this one touched me on a such a deep level. I felt the Lord truly grab onto my heart and reasure me that it belonged to Him. It was like watching every aspect and phase of my life being performed before me, it was scary. Not only did I see that, but I felt like I was also watching those phases of my life from Jesus' perspective - and what He was going through at the same times. Trying to get my attention when I wondered, trying to win me back, fighting to get me back, battling what I could no longer handle when my strength was completely drained.. still He was there fighting for me.

Jason is blogging up a storm over at Obediently Authentic. Looks like the memes being discussed come from a class on Christianity and contemporary culture. Here is an example:

Is home constituted as a place of relaxation? Maybe a space that is private or public? Is space considered to be sacred? Should it be? Should "our" space be ours and not be interrupted by others?

Nick over at Reflecting shares about an interesting movie about teenagers. Excerpt of his thoughts on the film American Teen:

Essentially the film follows the lives of 4 "cliche" high school students through their senior year in a small midwestern town in Indiana. While all will undoubtably find their story and the stories of others within the stories of the four whom the film focuses upon, something else stood out to me in the film. It was the most hidden and disheartening part of the overall story.

There were no adults in the lives of the students.

Well, there were adults... But they were hardly "in" the lives of the students. In a best case scenario, the adults were peering into the lives of the students from a safe distance.

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...