Short post on Short Treks Season 2

Enjoyed "Q & A" and "Ask Not."

Those two were delightful little character sketches that fit nicely into Star Trek lore. Will see if the fans are able to lobby for an Anson Mount, Rebecca Romijn, and Ethan Peck centered show. They have been wonderful.

I think Discovery might have been better served building around Sonequa Martin-Green, Doug Jones, and Michelle Yeoh. Instead, they wrote themselves into a corner with massive story arcs in the two seasons that were resolved in not entirely satisfying ways.

But back to the Short Treks, season two; though, I like the idea of a lighter touch and plots involving "origin stories," I thought "The Trouble with Edward" was over-the-top.

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...