Life: YS-NYWC Anaheim 2006 - Index & Impressions

Last week, I went to the Youth Specialties National Youth Workers Convention in Anaheim, California. It was a tremendous experience.

In sharing about the experience via email with some friends, I wrote this:
Just wanted to say I had a wonderful time at YS-NYWC. I really went into the conference feeling pretty beaten down by life so the times of worship and challenge was much needed. God took a hammer and started to chip away at the many hard-edges in my life. I'm a work in progress and still got a ways to go but it was sooooo good to be reminded that God hasn't stopped working on me.

One of the training sessions I went to on middle school ministry, the speaker had us briefly break out into groups based on age... one cluster of people were the UNDER 20s(!) .... another was 30s .... there was a group of 40somethings (hooray!) ... a clutch of 50ish folks and yup, there was even a few in their 60s! The speaker also showed a photo of one of his volunteers: a 70 year old guy! Anyway, it was a light hearted moment but it just showed me that God use all sorts of people!
Below are other posts I have written regarding YS-NYWC ...

Sights and Sounds

Sunday

Saturday

Friday

Thursday

First impressions

Enjoy!

If you are in youth ministry, consider going to an event in your area. If you aren't in youth ministry, see if you can encourage your church to support the youth workers in going to a future convention.

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...