Life: I'm back from YS-NYWC 2006 Anaheim

What a wonderful experience!

A huge shout out to our youth director for encouraging (pushing!) us to go and getting the church to cover the bulk of the costs.

I'm going to be processing those raw thoughts and then post them here for your edification.

Until then, I'll just say it was an awesome event that really moved me, encouraged me and challenged me!

If you ever have the chance to go to one of these events by all means go! Or financially support your youth pastor and the team of volunteers at your church to go! It's definitely worth it. Check out the promo videos to help convince yourself and others.

I had hoped to live blog or at least blog at the end of the day while at Youth Specialties National Youth Worker's Convention. Alas, the wireless internet at the hotel costs a bit of money and you can only buy access for a 24 hour period which really wouldn't have been economical with me as I would have posted only in the evenings and be online for relatively short periods of time. Additionally, the reality is that I was pretty tired at the end of the very full days and could only write very rough drafts of the day's events on my word processor.

But it was a good kind of tired at the end of each day!

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...