Devotional Thoughts: A prayer for my middle school students

I serve as a volunteer in my church's youth group. It was a long time ago when I was in junior high! I'm over three times older than them. Yet, the journey of faith is about Jesus, whether you are young or old. In that regard, we are in the same boat.
Lord, please help our young friends in their daily walk with you. Encourage them with the knowledge they don't walk on the school grounds alone. Help them to experience your working in their lives when they respond to your prompting to risk caring for another. Guard their hearts and minds from the lies that the world tosses their way. Prompt them to open the Word to seek wisdom. Cause them to look up to you in prayer for thanksgiving and help and praise and confession. Amen.

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...