Life: How people react to Christianity?

As a Christian who happens also to be a molecular biologist, I get very different responses from people upon finding out that I'm a Christian.

I think there have been four types of responses.

(1) I'm a Christian too! That's cool that you are in the sciences and a person of faith. This kind of respondant might then go on to say, sometimes people think faith means leaving your brain in neutral so it is nice to know that doesn't have to be the case. Christianity is thus a "true religion" to this person.

(2) That's cool you are a Christian. I think all roads lead to god and its good you believe in something. This person holds to "religious pluralism."

(3) That's cool you are a Christian but I think religions are just fairy tales but if those fairy tales make people do good and be happy than I'm all for it. This skeptic thinks of Christianity as a "useful fiction."

(4) How can you be a Christian? Religions are just lies and the source of all sorts of evil in the world and throughout history. This individual believes faith in general is a "dangerous evil."

How does one behave "Christianly" in response to these responses?

Something to think about, eh?

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...