Devotional Thoughts: The stories of our times

In youth group today, the idea was what's our story?

And is our story inter-voven with God's story?

Part of the way the message was given was through film. The latest one isn't yet posted on the group's film page but hopefully it will be soon.

Anyway, it got me started into a reflective mood and so in that mood sometimes I write.

Here is what I jotted down in my journal today:

Cars going too fast
Eating too much
Eating too little
We follow the folly of the famous
Diminished life
Images in movies
Sounds of music
To dull the pain?
Missing a cross on a hill
Redeeming life
To whom do we go?
To whom shall we go?
To the living water
The true bread?
Receive life.

Lord, you are on the move in this world. The Kingdom of God is at hand. Thy Kingdom come. Master, will I be a part of what you are doing in this world? Jesus, I want to be; help my unwillingness. Send others to spur me onward. Send me to spur others onward. Amen.

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...