Devotional Thoughts: To whom shall we go

Bible passages that blow my mind ...

Genesis 1:1,
"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth."

Psalm 8:3-4,
"When I consider your heavens,
the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars,
which you have set in place,
what is man that you are mindful of him,
the son of man that you care for him?"

John 1:14,
"The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth."

Romans 5:8,
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

As I contemplate these truths this Sunday morning, I can understand why St. Peter would say things like this:

Luke 5:8,
"Go away from me, Lord; I am a sinful man!"

John 6:68,
"Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life."

God, your love reached me in the little corner of the world I inhabit. Your grace is greater than all my sin. My guilt has been replaced with gratitude. Help me to live fully in the strength of the extravagant love you have poured out. Give me ears to hear and eyes to see your truths. Grant me courage to be your hands and feet dispensing grace. Amen.

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...