Non-profit of the month: June 2011 - UCLA

Budgets are tight all around. It is impacting college education just like everywhere else.

The political mantra among some is that everyone should get a college education and mechanisms should be put in place (i.e. tax dollars in direct aid or loans) to facilitate it. Indeed, getting a college education does open up doors of opportunity. However, not everyone may benefit or need a "4-year" style college education. There is the whole realm of trade schools that provide focused education in specific areas to prepare people for particular types of jobs.

Nonetheless, I had the great opportunity to attend UCLA to get my degree in chemistry and biochemistry. And so this month, I made a contribution to UCLA's scholarship fund.

If you have benefited from a college education, please consider giving to your alma mater to support their efforts!

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...