QPR - looking safely out of the relegation zone?

Have been wearing my R's baseball cap periodically and I've said that I'll go find some Fish and Chips if someone recognizes the cap as a QPR cap. People do ask what team the hat is from occasionally and I explain it is an English soccer club in the Championship.

When I was in London asking directions in the Underground to go to Loftus Road to see the Queens Park Rangers, people didn't seem to know what I was talking about! So I guess it isn't surprising that no one so far has recognized the cap in and around Los Angeles.

Perhaps, I should change the Fish and Chips to the next time QPR wins a match?

###

QPR has picked up 7 points on 3 matches!

3 points against relegation bound Sunderland is what you expect.



Getting 3 points from an Aston Villa that is looking at promotion via playoffs was an unexpected surprise!


Getting a draw from Fulham that is aiming for promotion via playoffs was an unexpected surprise after going down two goal.



It has been lots of fun following QPR from Los Angeles. I saw the last part of the Fulham match on ESPN3. I check on the text commentary at the QPR site on games not on TV. I listen in on most episodes of the QPR podcast to get the pulse of the people who sit in the stands.

I suppose the goal for the rest of the season is to continue to build upon the mix of talent that is in the club, in particular the younger players that might stick around another season or two. Some of the more established talent will continued to be showcased as they might draw interest from the Premier League or other leagues in Europe that see the Championship as a proving ground for the next level.


The screen capture above are the "top" players on the QPR roster according to Tranfermarkt.

Will be interesting to see which of these players will be moved this summer (for a profit) to help with QPR's financial problems. For a team in QPR's position you hope to sell on at a profit and pick up new players on the rise at a reasonable cost.

Until then, looking forward to some more good efforts by the Rangers!

Come on you R's!

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...