From Andrew Sullivan.com


THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY: "Perhaps we cannot make this a world in which children are no longer tortured. But we can reduce the number of tortured children," - Albert Camus.
"The prison in question was inspected by my team in Jan. 1998. It appeared to be a prison for children - toddlers up to pre-adolescents - whose only crime was to be the offspring of those who have spoken out politically against the regime of Saddam Hussein. It was a horrific scene. Actually I'm not going to describe what I saw there because what I saw was so horrible that it can be used by those who would want to promote war with Iraq, and right now I'm waging peace."
-Scott Ritter, Time Magazine.
=============
Ritter at one time was regarded as an "objective" observer of what is going on in Iraq. This kind of story calls his credibility into serious question. How could he KNOW this... and in good conscience defend the Iraqi regime. Unbelievable!

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...