Life: 9/11, 7 years later

It was a cloudless day in New York city when the events of that day unfolded.

On Youtube.com, a search of 9/11 brings up many items.

The editors of Youtube placed this item near the top of the search results about one New Yorker's reflections on the cloud of paper that drifted over where he was ...



Another item brought up in the search that I clicked on was the work of computer scientists to animate one of the planes striking the WTC.



Here is a news clip about the memorial at the Pentagon.



As I thought about what to post, I decided to look back in the archives ...

From 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006.

The posts were brief and usually focused on "getting back to normal."

There was no post on 2007.

I don't want to forget for there are those who feel the absence of someone lost.

I don't want to forget for there are those in far away lands fighting the people who want more 9/11's in the USA, 10/12's in Bali, 3/11's in Madrid and 7/7's in London.

I don't want to forget for in the midst of sadness and anger of that day there was heroism and sacrifice and it is that part of remembering today that should lead us forward into today and tomorrow.

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...