Non-Profit of the Month: October 2011 - Friends of LA Phil and Venice Family Clinic

Have been a subscriber to LA Phil since 1999.  Ticket revenue covers part of their cost.  The rest comes from individual donations and corporate sponsorships.  The LA Phil also does educations events for youth in the city so I've tried each year to chip in a little bit by donating to Friends of LA Phil.

Another cause I've been supporting regularly is Venice Family Clinic.

Politically, it is going to take some time to sort through the government role in health care.  In the mean time, I think people should support local entities that are doing whatever they can.


No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...