Non-profit of the month: July 2012 - Venice Family Clinic

There is an ongoing debate on how medical care and health insurance should be regulated. I suspect that is going to continue going on for a long time! But, in the meantime, I'm very happy to support organizations like Venice Family Clinic.

This organization is helping provide medical care for low income, uninsured and underinsured people in the westside of Los Angeles county at multiple sites.

I'm pleased to read on their webpage that they get a lot of support from UCLA Medical Center (I'm a UCLA alum), Santa-Monica-UCLA-Orthopaedic Hospital (I'm a research at the Orthopaedic Hospital Research Center) and Cedars-Sinai Medical Center (I've worked there as well as been a patient there). 

These types of medical service non-profits meet needs in local communities and need our support.

Regardless of whether you think the Affordable Care Act is helpful or not to the overall situation in the USA, you can find an organization like Venice Family Clinic in your community and give them your financial support. And if you are a medical professional, I'm sure they would welcome your time and talent!

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...