Cal Supremes Stay Out of Recall


I guess they didn't want to be like the Florida court wading into the swamp!


Here is a Yahoo/AP news summary of the courts rulings. Of the five suits, four of them were rejected unanimously. One suite was rejected on a 5-2 vote. That legal challenge questioned the loose candidacy requirement ($3500 and 65 signatures). The suit charged that Secretary of State Kevin Shelley missapplied state election laws on this recall issue.

There article says there are a few Federal level suits but I suspect they will go nowhere.


I was surprised but happy that the Cal courts stayed out of it.

The other big news was the entry of The Terminator into the race. With that news, the Democrats broke ranks with Davis and began to throw their hats in. The biggest name being Lt. Gov. Cruz Bustamante.

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...