Sen. Kerry speech

As for his speech on Thursday night, it felt long. It felt like it was written by committee as it seemed all over the place. I was looking for the national defense angle of the speech and there were a few obligatory lines about it but it simply didn't inspire me to trust him with that issue.

No doubt, the Bush administration has made errors on the Iraq situation. However, I'm not hearing what would be materially different under a Kerry administration. And what I am hearing actually makes me think they will make it worse by not taking it seriously.

Edwards in Wednesday night's speech had a very strong line: And we will have one clear unmistakable message for al Qaida and the rest of these terrorists. You cannot run. You cannot hide. And we will destroy you.

Where was that kind of resolve in the Kerry speech?

I don't like being a one-issue voter but that is what it has come down to for me.

Yes, I wish the Bushies and the GOP took more seriously the whole fiscal mess in DC and restrain spending. I wish they were more sophisticated in their "PR" with the other nations of the world and here in the USA.

But the bottom line is this: there are people out there who if given less than 1/2 a chance would kill as many Americans as possible. And if what is happening in Iraq says anything, Americans aren't the only targets.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. I just wanted to give a quick greeting and tell you I enjoyed reading your material.

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...