Great day for Dodger fans!

I was telling a friend that if things don't change, people are going to have to talk Dodger fans "off the ledge."

And last night, at the top of the 9th, fans were edging closer when Gagne surrendered the lead for the third night in row.

With a 2-1 lead, the Braves went to Smoltz and I thought, one of two things is going to happen, he is going to strike out the side or one of the Dodgers is going to tag one to the bleachers. That is the drama of baseball, the hard throwing closer versus the big bat. Strike out or home run. Beltre hit one to the right field bleachers on a 3-2 count and I was going bananas. I must have been a sight to other drivers as I was inside my car hearing the call on the radio.

In the bottom of the eleventh, Beltre hit a 2-2 pitch to the right field pavillion and the Dodgers won 3-2. AMAZING!!!

To read the recap.

Meanwhile, the Angels beat the Yankees 5-0. So all was good in Southern California sports fandom!

I am a Dodger fan first but I am keeping the corner of my eye on the Angels and they are moving closer and are only 1 1/2 games out of the lead of the AL West and 1 game out of the wildcard.

A Southern California Freeway Series has always been a fantasy and may still be but right now there is a buzz!

Go Dodgers and Go Angels!!!

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...