We are just sheep: in the mood for shopping

Don't use my hotmail account for too much. It is over-run with junk mail.

But I check in now and then.

And in the left features tab there was this article about the sneaky things stores do to get us to buy stuff.

Being a typical guy, shopping isn't nearly the social and sensual pleasure it is for some of my women friends.

When I shop alone, I go in there and get what I need and go. When I have shopped with women friends, I find it fascinating to watch them "go to work." It is delightful to watch their eyes light up as they find something they like and amusing to hear the running commentary they give as they browse. For those who think men and women are just the same except for plumbing haven't been shopping with someone of the opposite sex!

Nonetheless, it was informative to read the list of things that are at work in the stores. Here is the list:
1. Music makes you buy more
2. The sweet smell of success
3. The color of money
4. Location, location, location
5. The price is right
6. The power of touch
7. Getting personal
8. The shopping-cart strategy

Read the whole thing for an explaination for each item.

Happy shopping!

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...