Public speaking engagment

Do you like public speaking?

As an introvert, public speaking isn't something I naturally gravitate to. Yet, I enjoy teaching and thus, public speaking. But just as I have learned to be a "functional extrovert" for short periods of time, I find public speaking to be terrifying but fun at the same time.

Anyway, blogging will be non-existant for a handful of days as I prep for the talk.

The presentation is titled, "Explaining the Origins of Life: Evolution and Intelligent Design, Prospects and Problems."

UPDATE: Well, I think the talk went reasonably well. I managed to cover all the material in a little over one hour followed by about half an hour of questions and discussion.

At times, I felt I was talking like an auctioneer on too much caffeine! People liked the video and DVD clips I interspersed into the talk and I liked the break they gave me from talking! I recommend Snap Pro for obtaining clips from DVDs for usage in presentations. I used Keynote instead of MS Power Point.

Professor Bainbridge marks some of his posts "Personal: relentless self-promotion" and so let me engage in some of that here with this offer: if your church or civic group would be interested in having me speak please feel free to contact me at rrblog_at_yahoo_dot_com.

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...