Politics: Writing to comments@whitehouse.gov

This morning on the Dennis Prager radio show, he encouraged his listeners to call and write to the White House to thank them for the support given to Israel and to resist the critics.

So below was the email I sent:
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 14:55:30 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: thank you for standing by Israel
To: comments@whitehouse.gov

Dear President Bush:

Just wanted to add my voice in support of your steadfast support of Israel.

The war against extremist Islamic terrorists is being fought on many fronts and I want to thank you for backing Israel. Please stay firm despite what the critics say.

I'm an American of Asian ancestry and a Christian so my support of Israel is not based on my being Jewish or having some ties to that part of the world.

I've seen in the news recently some attention being placed on Christians who support Israel because of their vision of the apocalypse thus trying to draw some moral equivalence to the Iranian President's view of the end of the world.

My support of Israel isn't based on some debatable theology but rather on the clear ethical mandate of the Christian faith: do good and support those who do good.

It is simply the right thing to do to protect an island of freedom and good will in that part of the world.

In the end, we may have to wait through many cold and hot wars until the extremist Islamic terrorists collapse under their own insanity much as communism collapsed under the weight of its own ineffectiveness.

Until then, I hope America will continue to be at the front of those wars hot and cold and will stand by nations of like mind.

Sincerely,

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...