Non-profit of the month: August 2006 - Friends of the Los Angeles Philharmonic and Hollywood Bowl

I went to public school a number of years ago. I do vaguely remember a music teacher coming by about once a week. Eventually, the music program got cut back and the only way you got music was by joining the band or orchestra. Unfortunately, my ability to master even the simple recorder proved illusive.

However, I have retained a fondness for music and in particular classical music.

The Los Angeles Philharmonic has its share of swanky events for the well-heeled such as the annual opening night gala.

However, they also take community and educational opportunities quite seriously.

So for this month's spotlight on non-profits consider support for Friends of the LA Phil.

Here is a rundown of other non-profits I've mentioned on this blog:

NIckels for Nets

Avenues Crisis Pregnancy Center

Faith in Christ Ministry

Habitat for Humanity

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...