Non-profit of the month: July 2006 - Habitat for Humanity

I go to church in Glendale.

When I heard our youth group was going to volunteer at the latest project that Habitat is running in Glendale, I decided to help out.

I did my first day of volunteering with Habitat back in San Francisco when a group of people from Hands on San Francisco (now Hands on Bay Area) went to help clean up a lot for a construction project.

When I came back to Los Angeles, I did a few projects here and there with San Gabriel Valley Habitat for Humanity.

In 2003, I went to Botswana with Habitat.

Our youth group went to the work site today and I joined them. It was broiling out there! Nonetheless, it was good work.

We will be going back there again in August and in September. Hopefully, we will be able encourage some of the other age (older!) groups at our church to join us!

Check out the National Habitat web page to see what kinds of projects are going on in your area!

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...