Non-profit of the month: June 2006 - Faith in Christ Ministries

This Saturday morning, I plan to help out at Faith in Christ Ministries.

On Saturday mornings, FICM volunteers prepare breakfast which is available to anyone in the community who wants to come to the Community Center for it.

Faith in Christ offers the following services to the community:

  • Saturday Kids Club

  • Saturday morning, community breakfast for the homeless

  • Sunday, Skid row Ministry

  • Wednesday evening dinner and Bible Study

  • Supplemental, emergency food for single parent families and senior adults

  • S.A.Y. Yes! Youth Development After - School Program (Sept.-June)

  • Hosting ministry groups weekends, spring and summer breaks

  • I've written previously about this organization on this blog. To read about my other experiences with the work at FICM, go here and here.

    I encourage anyone within a click of this blog to find a community group like FICM in your city and help out however you can.

    4501 S. Western Avenue
    Los Angeles, CA 90062
    ficm@aol.com
    323-291-2585

    No comments:

    Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

    A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...