Devotional Thoughts: Go tell everybody!

Matthew 28:16-20.

Anyway, you translate it, the bottom line is go tell everybody.

Check out this cool resource for online Bible reading. In that resource, you can display various translations side-by-side.

But as I say, no matter which translation you use, the message is clear: go tell everybody.

So let me cut and paste it here:

New Living Translation:

Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.

New American Standard Bible:

Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.

Young's Literal Translation:

having gone, then, disciple all the nations, (baptizing them -- to the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all, whatever I did command you,) and lo, I am with you all the days -- till the full end of the age.

La Biblia de las Americas: (I wish I could understand Spanish!)

Id, pues, y haced discípulos de todas las naciones, bautizándolos en el nombre del Padre y del Hijo y del Espíritu Santo, ensenándoles a guardar todo lo que os he mandado; y he aquí, yo estoy con vosotros todos los días, hasta el fin del mundo.

Turkish: NT (1987, 1994): (I wish I could understand Turkish!)

Bu nedenle gidin, bütün uluslar? ö?rencilerim olarak yeti?tirin. Onlar? Baba, O?ul ve Kutsal Ruh'un ad?yla vaftiz edin. Size buyurdu?um her ?eye uymay? onlara ö?retin. ??te ben, dünyan?n sonuna dek her an sizinle birlikteyim.

UPDATE: Looks like some of the Turkish characters don't always reproduce correctly. To see the Bible in its various languages check out Bible Gateway and Unbound Bible!

Whatever language you understand, Jesus' message is for you.

I think these people are heroes!

Lord, let your words go forth far and wide. Bless your messengers where ever they are in the world. Help me to be your messenger here. Give me boldness to be your messenger today. Amen.

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...