LA Scene: Take a hike

Haven't gotten around until now to post some photos from a couple of hiking ventures.

There were two books recommended to me by one of my outdoorsy buddies to find some of the good hikes around.

Afoot and Afield in Los Angeles by Jerry Schad.

California Hiking : The Complete Guide to More Than 1,000 Hikes by Tom Stienstra and Ann Marie Brown.

Can you tell where in Southern California I am?



I don't know the name of the mountain in I'm looking at from the mountain I'm on!

See the snow? There were a few patches where I was as well.



Gasp, cross that line and I'm in the Wilderness!



I did see one bighorn sheep in the distance but it was gone before I could get the camera out.

If you are curious where the above three pictures were taken, go here.

Can you tell where in Southern California this picture was taken?



The hike is on this page and it is hike number one.

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...