Culture: Everyday Italian Recipes I've Tried

Don't have cable TV where I live but when I visit my parent's I'll channel surf a little.

I found out that Giada De Laurentiis, the star of Everyday Italian has a new show called Behind the Bash where she follows catering teams as they put on high end events. Think of it as Extreme Makeover Food and Party Edition!

It is natural for her to host such a show as she runs here own catering company GDL Foods in addition to doing television and going on book tours.

No question a big part of her appeal on television is her good looks. As an owner of her first book, Everyday Italian, I can see that there are almost as many pictures of her as there are of the food!

However, her aesthetic appeal aside which is beyond dispute, how is the food?

I'm happy to report, I've tried a number of her recipes and have foisted them on family and friends. So far the reviews have been good!

Recipes I've tried:
White bean dip, p. 19
Caprese salad, p. 30
Roasted bell pepper salad, p. 52
Farfalle with turkey sausage peas and mushroom, p. 105
Ziti with asparagus, smoked mozzarella and prosciutto, p. 109
Basic risotto, p. 128
Roasted pork loin with fig sauce, p. 167

The title of the book is Everyday Italian and it is nice to see the recipes indeed are fairly simple and most of all quite delicious!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I made her veal marsala, but I used chicken instead and it was simple AND delicious!!!!

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...