Life: You don't say ... study says men want hot women

Seen on CNN.com.

Opening line: Science is confirming what most women know: When given the choice for a mate, men go for good looks.

And guys won't be surprised to learn that women are much choosier about partners than they are.


As one of my guy friend said, look, she might have a great personality but if she is 7 foot and 300 pounds, it isn't happening. ed. note - my friend is somewhat shorter than 7 foot and somewhat less than 300 pounds.

One wonders who funded this research?

Your tax dollars at work? 8-)

The weakness of the study - the science nerd in me makes an appearance! - is that they only looked at the immediate reaction of the study subjects in a speed dating setting. One wonders what the study would reveal if they looked at decision points beyond the participant responses after the speed dating session.

Don't get me wrong, speaking as a red blood male, appearance is a factor! But I will have to say there have been times I've met beautiful women but you soon realize that the lights are on but nobody is home!

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...