LA Life: Avoiding Parking Tickets

I live in a part of Los Angeles where parking is scare and enforcement aggressive.

Last night, I put my car in a permit 78 street with Tuesday 8-10 AM no parking for street cleaning.

I dashed out of my apartment at 7:57 AM this Tuesday morning to see the white Parking Enforcement vehicle right behind my car... it was probably about 8:02 AM at this point! Drat, this could be my fifth ticket of the year.

One time I got to my car just as the officer pushed the print button on the ticket producing PDA... too late it can't be recalled he said... ring a ding we have a winner: $45 "contribution" to the LA City government.

Whew! He either hadn't started typing in the information into his PDA or hit the print button yet so the Parking Enforcement vehicle started up to pull in behind the other car on the street in front of me. I saw a guy sprinting down the street to this car and the Parking Enforcement officer foiled again pulled his car to the next car down the street where I saw a young woman sprinting to her car!

Poor mister parking enforcement officer, $135 worth of tickets not handed out. But there was other prey to be found in my part of Los Angeles. You can't fight City Hall.

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...