What I'm listening to...

Love my iTunes.

I have Ordinary World by Duran Duran playing.

Haunting sound and lyrics. I seem to be drawn to those kinds of songs.

If you haven't been able to catch the lyrics as you hear it on the radio, here are some...

Came in from a rainy Thursday on the avenue
Thought I heard you talking softly
I turned on the lights, the TV and the radio
Still I can't escape the ghost of you

What has happened to it all?
Crazy, some'd say
Where is the life that I recognize?
Gone away
.........
Passion or coincidence once prompted you to say
"Pride will tear us both apart"
Well now pride's gone out the window cross the rooftops
Run away left me in the vacuum of my heart

What is happening to me?
Crazy, some'd say
Where is my friend when I need you most?
Gone away
Obviously a song about love lost.

Am not in a love lost mood tonight - there have been those sleepless nights and tearful mornings - not tonight, but am in a reflective mood. And so for all two (?) of you out there who will read this blog post sometime in the next three hours, I suppose maybe we can relate.

Rather than the lost love motif, I'm haunted by the refrain:
But I won't cry for yesterday
There's an ordinary world
Somehow I have to find
And as I try to make my way
To the ordinary world
I will learn to survive
Have that feeling. Have that feeling where ordinary would be nice. No, not the end of my world here, not even close, not even a 6 on the scale of 1 to 10 where 10 is deepest darkest sadness. As they sing in the song Ours is just a little sorrowed talk compared to the grand scale of sadness and sorrow in the world. Perspective remains, sort of. The world waits for the Lord's coming. What we regard as slowness God regards as patience and mercy.

What is this feeling?

Just a wistful feeling... there is newer world not quite here yet but we get tastes. Just a nagging feeling... that knowledge that sweeps over me now and then... that knowing that the world isn't the way it ought to be.

No worries. Tomorrow is another day. Over and out. And good-night where ever you are in the blogosphere.

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...