Devotional Thoughts: Why Devotional Thoughts?

If one is a devoted follower of the LA Dodgers, you go to the sports page to check on how they are doing.

If you are a devoted fan of a certain movie star, one will go to see the latest movie she/he is in.

Well, if one is devoted to God then how much more should I seek out what God has revealed to us in the Scriptures.

Am not nearly as consistent and disciplined in reading and meditating on the Bible as I like but I try. And blogging about what I read is one way to encourage myself to think a bit more about what I'm reading.

I try to read from the Psalms on a daily basis to start and end my days. The Psalms in the Hebrew Scripture are poetic devotional thoughts from all experiences of life. There are Psalms that leap for joy and others that express frustration and despair. God isn't shocked by anything we might say and the Psalms tell us we can be that honest to God.

I also try to read from some other part of the Bible. I'm currently reading through Matthew and so blogging about it helps me focus on some key ideas.

Anyway, hope you find some encouragement and insights from the sharing.

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...