Sports: Olympic posts over at TTC

When the blogger servers were having trouble, I posted a few Olympic items over at my other blog, Two Tin Cans. Items:
Joey Cheek's Support of "Right to Play" a sports humanitarian effort
The difference between first and second in speed skating
The tough day the USA women athletes had on Friday
One reader chided me in the comment section about letting Lindsey Jacobellis off too lightly. I responded to the comment in the comment section.

I suppose I did cut her some slack. Certainly, what she did wasn't a good thing. But in the realm of athletic behavior, her youthful exuberance as a fault doesn't compare to the antics of Bode Miller and the sniping between Davis and Hedrick.

Good to see the TEAM USA ice hockey women bounced back with the 4-0 win over Finland to claim the Bronze. Katie King the oldest player (30) on the team had a hat-trick (3 goals) against Finland and finished the tournament with the most goals (6) for TEAM USA. Sarah Parsons the youngest (18) got 4 goals to be the second highest goal scorer on the team. Chanda Gunn was goalie in 4 games and had a 1.44 goals against average which placed her third in the tournament behind the two gold-medal winning Canadian goalies. Julie Chu, two-time Olympian had 5 assists which was second best on the USA team behind three-time Olympic veteran Jenny Potter who had 7.

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...