Sports: UCLA Bruins up in the Northwest

When you go on the road, all you want to do is somehow get the win even if it is an ugly one.

The stats are looking terrible at the moment (as of 11:58 in the 2nd half) with the Bruins up 32-18 over Washington State.

UPDATE: Its 36-18 with 10:12 to go in the game. Farmar is leading the way with 13 points.

UPDATE: UCLA isn't exactly lighting it up but their defense is holding WSU's shooting percentage down at 24.4%. UCLA leads 36-20 with 9 minutes to go.

UPDATE: With 7:52 to go, the score is UCLA 36 WSU 20. Looking around the Pac10, Arizona and Oregon are in a close contest with Arizona leading 56-51 with 9 minutes to go.

UPDATE: Early in the 2nd half, ASU leads OSU 40-31. USC plays Washington and Cal plays Stanford later tonight.

UPDATE: 5:06 to go and UCLA still holding on to a double digit lead 43-26.

UPDATE: 4:15 left and UCLA is up 45-26. Farmar and Afflalo are both in double digits leading the Bruins.

UPDATE: Farmar hits a three! 48-28, UCLA leads with 3:30 to go! As Chick Hearn used to say, "Its in the refrigerator, the light is off, the butter is getting hard and the jello is jiggling!"

UPDATE: Meanwhile in a shocker, Oregon has taken the lead over Arizona! Arizona is having a rare off year and may miss the NCAA for the first time in who knows how long.

UPDATE: UCLA is running out the clock. They take obligatory shots as the time runs down. UCLA leads 48-30 and Farmar is at the line for free-throws. He makes them both to bring the lead up to 50-30.

UPDATE: Its a final, UCLA wins it 50-30. Meanwhile, the Ducks are close to finishing the upset of the Wildcats. They have a 5 point lead with less than a minute to go.

UPDATE: Arizona has taken the lead but Oregon has the ball with 9 seconds left! Will be liveblogging UCSB vs. UCI.

UPDATE: Arizona wins it 70-68!

1 comment:

Videos by Professor Howdy said...

.

If I could speak in any
language in heaven or
on earth but didn't love
others, I would only be
making meaningless noise
like a loud gong or a
clanging cymbal. If I
had the gift of prophecy,
and if I knew all the
mysteries of the future
and knew everything
about everything, but
didn't love others, what
good would I be? And
if I had the gift of faith
so that I could speak
to a mountain and make
it move, without love
I would be no good to
anybody. If I gave
everything I have to
the poor and even
sacrificed my body,
I could boast about it;
but if I didn't love others,
I would be of no value
whatsoever. Love is
patient and kind. Love
is not jealous or boastful
or proud or rude. Love
does not demand its
own way. Love is not
irritable, and it keeps
no record of when it
has been wronged.
It is never glad about
injustice but rejoices
whenever the truth
wins out. Love never
gives up, never loses
faith, is always hopeful,
and endures through
every circumstance.

May You Always
Experience This
Kind Of Love,
Dr. Howdy

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...