Culture: The Food Network - Nancie McDermott on Alton Brown's Show

Sorry have been out of blog-touch with you all. Of the 30+ blog visits this site gets daily, most are looking for something via Google or some other search engine. I do have the impression there might be a small number of regular readers. Am always curious who is out there with a bookmark for this blog or has a aggregator subscription to this site!

Anyway, will be back to blogging in full soon but for now, this little item ...
Greetings and a News Flash from Nancie McDermott:

Watch me in my prime-time-television debut on

Monday, July 9, 2007 at 8 p.m.

as The Cake Detective, serving up a little culinary history to the incomparable Alton Brown, in the season premier of his Peabody Award-winning program:

"ALTON BROWN'S GOOD EATS"

The Details:
The Food Network

Alton Brown's
"Good Eats"
Episode EA1104

AIR TIMES:

July 09, 2007 8:00 PM ET/PT
July 10, 2007 3:00 AM ET/PT
July 23, 2007 11:00 PM ET/PT
July 24, 2007 2:00 AM ET/PT

"Coconut Cake Revival"
Is it possible to make great cake with coconut from a can? Should you even try? Host Alton Brown wants to know and he's willing to crack open as many nuts as it takes to make a slice of paradise on a plate.
McDermott is the wife of one of my co-workers in one of my various stops along the way in my life in molecular biology. I have Nancie's first book, Real Thai: The Best of Thailand's Regional Cooking. Pulling together Thai curry is no small task! But it was great stuff and lots of fun to do but hard work. But the taste can't be beat!

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...