Culture: Battlestar Galactica



Is there a Cylon in my house?

I'm late to the pop sci-fi phenom the re-imaged Battlestar Galactica. I watched the original on ABC back in 1978.

I don't have cable tv (the "Cylon" is my new digital TV converter box) and I haven't watched seasons 1-3 on DVD. Rather, I've watched the last few episodes as they get posted on the Battlestar Galactica web site after it is aired.

The basic premise of the show is the same as the original 1978 ABC series: Cylons nearly wipe out all the humans in a sneak attack and the surviving humans form a ragtag fleet around the last Battlestar, Galactica, in a quest for the mythical lost 13th colony of humanity called earth.

However, the re-imagined version has added considerable complexities.

To catch up, I read this item on Salon which sums up everything very nicely.

Also, be sure to check out this summary on Beliefnet about the theology behind the show.

So who will be the last mystery Cylon?

Will they find earth?

Will the humans and Cylons live in peace?

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...