Politics: Electoral College for Political News Junkies

Obama 274 McCain 264 is the current forecast.

For records of past elections go here.

To test out different scenarios, go here. By the way, I clicked around and came up with a scenario where it was Obama 269 McCain 269!

Do you know how an electoral college tie is resolved?

Pros and Cons of the electoral college.

Of the many reasons for and against the electoral college, the biggest reason I support the electoral colleges is that a strict popular vote system would tip the balance to urban areas (large media markets) where candidates can more easily run up vote totals. I don't think the national interest will be better served by presidents who owe their election to urban voters exclusively.

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...