Business: Run (mouse over) to Zappos.com

Was trying to buy some black dress shoes recently.

Unfortunately, I soon discovered the size that fits me in a jogging shoe doesn't fit me in a dress shoe! It is too big!

Turns out that dress shoe sizing is different and there is variability depending on the brand and where the shoe is made. I soon discovered that smallest shoe available in the Macys, Bloomingdales and Nordstroms were too large for me.

So I had to go to the internet.

I had heard of Zappos.com and decided it was time to give it a try.

I ordered up a pair that looked promising and received it by UPS ground.

They were slightly large!

I called the 800 customer service number and explained the situation and she said, I'll send you the next size down at no charge and with 2-day UPS shipping. Once you decide which pair you want to keep, just go to the web page and print out a UPS return label and send back the pair you don't want.

Wow!

And indeed, the other day, I got the next size down and it fit much better and I boxed up the too large pair and printed the return label.

Thumbs up to Zappos.Com!!

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...