Devotional Thoughts: Good Friday - Symphony of Sorrowful Songs, Gorecki

On this Good Friday Evening, as I reflect on the sacrifice of Jesus on the Cross, my thoughts turn to Gorecki's Symphony #3, Op. 36 also known as the Symphony of Sorrowful Songs.

In the first movement, there is a lament of Mary (Mother of Jesus) written in the 15th Century at the Holy Cross Monastery in Poland.

My son, chosen and loved,
Let your mother share your wounds
And since, my dear son,
I have always kept you in my heart,
And loyally served you,
Speak to your mother,
make her happy,
Though, my cherished hope,
you are now leaving me.

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...