Politics: Tax Freedom Day, April 9

Tax Freedom Day!

Excerpts:
The answer this year is that taxes will amount to 26.89 percent of our income, and the stretch of 99 days from January 1 to April 9 is 26.89 percent of the year.

But if one factors in the annual deficit ...

If Americans were required to pay for all government spending this year, including the $1.3 trillion federal budget deficit, they would be working until May 17 before they had earned enough to pay their taxes - an additional 38 days of work.


I wonder what the numbers look like if one factors in the cumulative Federal Debt?

Am not an anarchist! I believe the government has a role in society. The questions are how big a role, is it doing a good job and is it being fiscally prudent?

I suspect many feel the answers are "too big," "no," and "no."

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...