Politics: We may not agree ...

As a blogger with an opinion, I have to accept the criticisms, fair and unfair, that comes with this small piece of turf on the Internet.

I will continue to try my best to present reasoned discussions of the issues of the day and resist the temptation of shrill screaming style punditry.

I have to say it is challenging when some readers believe that being an opponent of the President's policies means your side consists of liars, belong to the KKK and advocate violence.

I wonder how many of the visitors to this blog looking for political discussion are on the political left, right and center? How many are interested in a thoughtful conversation? How many want to engage in "flame wars?" How many leave thinking that calm political debate is actually possible? How many conclude it is a lost cause?

I suppose one part of the problem in political debates these days is that one side can't accept that the other side might have honorable objections.

As for me and this blog, I will keep trying my best to present reasoned discussions of the issues of the day.

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...