Angels WIN!!!


Was in SF during game 6. In fact, was in SF Chinatown at a wedding banquet and the emcee announced to the Giant partisan crowd that they were leading 5-0! At that point, I just knew... because you announced the score before the game was over, the Angels will rally. So I checked my wireless internet phone and saw the score 5-0... 5-3... 5-4.... 5-6!!!!! And when the game ended, I said to my tablemates, "Its a final, Angels 6 Giants 5. The powers of the rally monkey must not be mocked!"

Was nervous listening to the radio for game 7... wondering if the Giants would mount a rally. But 24 y/o rookie Lackey, 31 y/o bounced around many a minor league team Donally, 20 y/o K-Rod with less than two handful of innings under his belt before the playoffs and then wily vet Percival closed them out.

Plaschke summed up the season nicely in the LA Times today.

Congrats Halos!!


No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...