No on Prop 52

Voter participation in California like elsewhere in the USA is dropping. Prop 52's remedy is to allow for day of election registration.

What is your gut reaction to that?

My reaction is, if you don't care to plan ahead by registering to vote, then you DON'T have the right to vote. I'd rather have a low turnout where people have given their votes some thought than a high turnout where the ballots are marked by people who haven't given any thought to their vote.

Interestingly, Iraq recently had an election with a massive voter turnout. Gee... Iraq must be a very democratic nation.

Prop 52 is stupid and even the Left Angeles Times recommends a NO on 52.

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...