Another organization I'm supporting...

Christmas is a time to count our blessings and to give to others who have needs.

I've been blogging about different groups I'm sending contributions to. So here is another one for you to consider.

There aren't many things more difficult than being a woman who is pregnant and without support. Some would counsel abortion to "solve" the problem. But for some, abortion is not the solution. I'll leave the abortion debate for another blog post.

As a pro-lifer who wants to give support to people who are offering real alternatives, I've been supporting organizations that support women who decide to bring their child into this world.

One such group is The Harvest Home in Santa Monica.

What is their mission?

It is right on their web page:
The purpose of the Harvest Home is to provide love and care to each woman, offering a stable environment where her physical, emotional and spiritual needs can be met.  The ultimate goal is to have each woman  leave the Home spiritually stronger, with a greater sense of self-worth and better prepared to support and care for herself and her child.
My friend recently participated in the 2005 Christmas Run/Walk on behalf of Harvest Home and asked for a pledge which I gladly gave. You can still support their work by going to their web donation page.

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...