The Christmas Season: a time for giving

With Christmas just around the corner, I want to encourage readers of this humble blog both regular and accidental to find ways to give to those who need help.

So below, I'll mention two groups I've just donated to.

Spirit of America: Friends of Iraq Blogger Challenge

Check out the Spirit of America: Friends of Iraq Blogger Challenge.

They are raising money to support various projects in Iraq. That country has been under decades of oppression and now that it is on the verge of breathing free it is being hit by violence from the old forces that used to be in power. It is an indication of their evil that they would rather burn 1/2 a house down than allow the long suffering people to rebuild.

I decided to donate with the Bear Flag League which is a California blog team.

I was tempted to join Hugh Hewitt's team, Northern Alliance of Blogs, because I occasionally listen to his show. But I am not a Minnesota person and have only been to Minn-e-so-cold just once.

The TTLB Eco Team was a possibility as I do occasionally check my standing in the TTLB Blog Ecosystem. This blog is in the "Flippery Fish" status.

Hope you consider donating to this cause or to some other one.

Young Life

Another cause I gave to is Young Life.

Specifically, I gave to Young Life Hollywood.

There are few things more important than helping kids grow into good people. Yet, we all know how much tougher it is these days especially in the mean streets of a big city. Go to the web page and see if there is one in your community that you can support.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for donating and joining Team Bear Flag! It's peolpe like you who are making the difference and standing in the gap for a voiceless people in their time of oppression.

DeoDuce
thedailyspork.com

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...