Oscar blogging

Well, since I'm an LA-based blogger, I have to at least have ONE post about the Oscars!

If you are a regular visitor to this outpost on the web, you see the occasional movie review. I wouldn't be considered a big movie goer though. And as proof of that, I offer you this tidbit: I haven't seen any of films nominated for the big awards!

I'll print out the Oscar nominee list and make my predictions before show time so you can use them! I won the pick'em contest two years in-a-row (several years ago) at Oscar viewing parties - "Past performance is not an indicator of future results" - and on those years I also saw either none or one or at most two of the nominated films!

UPDATE: Here you go, my picks for the Oscars...

The big six:
Actor - Jamie Foxx (won)
Supporting Actor - Morgan Freeman (won)
Actress - Hilary Swank (won)
Supporting Actress - Virginia Madsen (Blanchett got it)
Directing - Marty finally wins one (Eastwood wins it, his third)
Picture - Aviator, though a split verdict to Million Dollar Baby is possible (Million Dollar Baby wins)

The rest:
Animated - Incredibles (won)
Art Direction - Phantom (Aviator wins)
Cinematography - House of Flying Daggers (Aviator wins)
Costume - Aviator (won)
Film Editing - Aviator (won)
Foreign - The Sea Inside (won)
Makeup - Lemony Snicket (won)
Score - Lemony Snicket (Finding Neverland wins)
Song - Shrek 2, "Accidentally In Love" (Motorcycle Diaries wins)
Sound Editing - Spider-Man 2 (Incredibles)
Sound Mixing - Spider-Man 2 (Ray)
Visual Effects - Spider-man 2 (won)
Adapted screenplay - Sideways (won)
Original screenplay - Eternal Sunshine (won)

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...