NIT final four

Tonight is the NIT final four. I was 3 out of 4. I had Maryland, Gtown, St. Joes and Memphis. Gtown got beat by South Carolina. I get the feeling that picking the top teams in the NIT is easier than the NCAA because the teams that do well in the NIT are NCAA bubble teams from power conferences. They may feel they have something to prove after being snubbed by the NCAA. I think Maryland is going to cut down the nets at MSG.

As for my NCAA final four, well, didn't do well there. I hate to admit it but I bought into the East Coast ACC bias. I had Wake, Duke and UNC in the final four. What actually happened? Wake got bounced in round two and Duke got beat in round three. UNC remains my favorite to win the whole thing. I had Arizona making the final four but they collapsed against Illinois late in the regional finals. Talk about heart break hotel!

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...