Culture: 24, the following takes place between 1pm and 3pm

We got a double header on Monday night.

Poor Chloe, Morris gets tortured to make him arm the nukes and it looks like Milo is probably going to be dead in the next episode as he tries to flee from the bad guys while protecting Marilyn.

Implausibility alert: Morris seems in remarkably good shape for someone who was beaten a number of times with a baseball bat and punctured by a drill bit with corresponding blood all over the place.

Meanwhile in DC, the intrigue within the White House continues. I have the feeling the plotters are not planning to try to invoke the 25th Amendment?! It isn't clear to me who is in on the plan to stage a coup of President Wayne Palmer. They will, of course, make it look like a terrorist incident. In any case, you do have to wonder why Tom couldn't write his own resignation letter. Bright guy that he is, I'm sure he could have typed on his MS Word:
Dear Mr. President,
I thank you for the opportunity I have had to serve you and our nation. However, I regret I cannot support your current policies. Therefore, I resign effective immediately.
Sincerely,
Thomas Lennox
Speaking of writing, you have to wonder if the real White House staff would let Palmer and Assad sit around with some yellow notepads to draft a speech that would be used in the hopes of turning the tide.

Going back to poor Morris, what was "the obligatory bad girl who will get killed" (Rita) thinking when she decided she wanted to collect the $7 million dollars. Was she expecting Fayed to hand her a check? Or a few (lots!!) buckets of $100 bills?

Meanwhile, in the Bauer family chronicles, James Cromwell who I'll always think of as the farmer in Babe though I do remember him in as President in Sum of All Fears continues to be the embodiment of evil.

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...