Non-profit of the month: February 2007 - Young Life

I was a kid a long time ago. Life was less crazy back then. I can't imagine all the challenges kids face today.

One group reaching out to kids in the city is Young Life. They have a national web page so you can see where they are in your neighborhood. I hope you will consider supporting them.

My familiarity with Young Life is through people who have worked with Young Life. To hear stories about how the kids enjoyed going to camp was delightful. For so many of us, we figure getting out into the natural beauty of the world is a regular part of growing up. But for many kids in the city, it is a treat.

In addition to camps, Young Life hosts local events on a weekly basis.

Its a great organization and I just donated online. I hope you do the same!

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...