Sports: UCLA 69 Oregon 57

Woo hoo!

Bruins take care of business and seize the lead (for now) of the Pac-10.

We can't have a let down against Oregon State on Saturday!

UPDATE: Listened to the post-game show a bit as I drifted off to sleep last night. The team played solid defense and seized the lead in the first half and never let it go. Afflalo clearly took the lead for the Bruins by scoring and locking down Oregon's top scorer. Players often only concentrate on offense so this helps Afflalo's stock that he prides himself on defense. If Afflalo keeps this up, he may go NBA after this season. My guess is that he won't be a lottery pick but would be a solid mid- to late-first rounder. Certainly, his drive and leadership will be key to any serious run by UCLA in the NCAA's March Madness. Luc Richard Mbah a Moute vacuumed up rebounds against Oregon. In some games where I have seen UCLA struggle I have seen that a Moute was in foul trouble and thus either not in the game or playing tentatively.

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...