Culture: 24, 4 to 5 pm

The mid-season slow down is happening.

There is no way 24 can keep up the frantic pace.

TWP put it this way:
Kiefer persuades Wayne to let his brother's assassin out for the evening, and then he and Logan spend the rest of the episode getting dressed.
Meanwhile, Dave Barry put it this way:
Not enough Jack. Way too much talking. One boom -- one lousy boom -- at the end. The clear action highlight was Chloe yanking Morris out of the toilet.
Anyway, the 4 threads continue to unfold: (1) Chloe and Morris and their problems while trying to save the world as we know it; (2) Jack trying to track down the nukes; (3) the bad guys apparently have stolen some drones to deliver the 3 remaining nukes; (4) meanwhile, the plotting within the White House reaches a crucial point with the old liquid bomb in the tape recorder trick.

Implausibility alerts:
I guess they got 3 drones on that truck? Seems to me those drones might be a bit small to fly the suitcase bombs very far.
Do you think if a liquid bomb sprung a leak that it would still work?

For Google searchers looking for the Bible verse President Logan was reciting to himself, I think it was Psalm 40:2 (King James Version)
He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.
However, I think the continuity people dropped the ball because when Jack opened Logan's Bible he saw Psalm 40:2 (New International Version) highlighted in yellow:
He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
and gave me a firm place to stand.
I wonder if I'm the only blogger who picked that up?

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...