Life: Meaning of marriage?

Dare I write about something I have not experienced?

But I suppose, as a single, I should have some idea of what I claim to want?

So based on what I've learned from my reflections on Christian spirituality and my observations of good and happy marriages, I pen (type) the following for your consideration ...

Marriage is a partnership for life between one man and one woman for:
(1) the daily help of the couple
(2) their spiritual growth and protection
(3) sharing love with each other and together to love others whom God brings into their lives
(4) which may include, Lord willing, children for them to raise into the family of faith.

And what kind of woman would I want to marry?

I want to marry a beautiful, good-hearted, intellectually curious, follower of Jesus, whom I love, who loves me and would want to fulfill the purposes of marriage described above with me.

What do you think?

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...